The Student Dress Code for Somerset Primary School reinforces in students a pride in their own appearance, instils recognition of themselves as an integral part of the school community, and assists in developing pride in representing their school. Issues of equality, health and safety, and expense are also factors that contribute to the establishment of the Student Dress Code.
Our school wear consists of:
- School Aqua Polo T-Shirt
- Navy Polar Fleece or Softshell Jacket
- Navy Vest
- Trousers/Track Pants – single colour either black or navy. (NO denim jeans)
- Shorts/Skorts – single colour either black or navy.
- Tights/Leggings – single colour either black or navy.
- School dress – as purchased from the school.
- Socks – black, navy or white is strongly encouraged.
- Shoes – Flat and fully enclosed.
- Hat – SUNSAFE – in navy or aqua Term 1 and Term 4
- Undershirt (long or short sleeved) - can be worn under school T-shirt or dress and is strongly encouraged to be a single colour either black, navy or white.
- Jewellery - Due to safety reasons, wearing jewellery is strongly discouraged. Acceptable jewellery is small ear studs or sleepers.